TERMS OF AGREEMENT
The John W. Maitland, Jr.-Joseph F. Warner Long Term Care Nurses Scholarship Fund will award up to a $1,000 provisional scholarship for the 2013 Fall Semester directly to the applicant’s nursing school for the benefit of the applicant. If the award recipient fails to satisfactory complete coursework in during the semester for which the scholarship is rewarded, the scholarship award must be returned to the Scholarship Fund. Deadline for submission of all materials is June 3, 2013.
- Must have completed the prerequisites for an RN or LPN program and be accepted into a nursing program on a full-time basis.
- Must be working in an assisted living or long term care facility (either full-time or part-time).
- Must provide proof of satisfactory completion of the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Should be willing to work as an RN or LPN in an IHCA-member facility/program.
REQUIRED INFORMATION OR DOCUMENTATION
The following supporting information/documentation is required to be submitted, in hard copy format, to Ms. Gina Alex at:
Illinois Health Care Association
Attn: Gina Alex
1029 S. Fourth Street
Springfield, IL 62703
- A copy of the letter of acceptance from the nursing school.
- Proof of completion of prerequisites for the RN or LPN program (as applicable).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, one by the facility/program Administrator and one by the Director of Nursing.
- An evaluation form completed by the Administrator or Director of Nursing.
- Deadline for submission of all materials is June 3, 2013.
Final determination of scholarship awards will be made by the John W. Maitland, Jr.-Joseph F. Warner Long Term Care Nurses Scholarship Fund Board of Directors by July 31, 2013.
I understand and agree with the terms of the Agreement and Eligibility Requirements, and wish to be considered for a John W. Maitland, Jr.-Joseph F. Warner Long Term Care Nurses Scholarship Fund scholarship.
I have printed an evaluation form and understand that the evaluation form must be completed by the Administrator or Director of Nursing.