Nurse Leaders Certificate Program
The Long Term Care Nurses Association (LTCNA) and IHCA are offering an extensive certificate program to assist nurse managers and other nurse leaders in their operations.
About the Program - 2023The LTCNA Nurse Leader Certificate Program includes educational sessions that are pertinent to nurses who are already in a leadership/management position or who are looking to become a leader/manager to help them succeed in their day-to-day operations. This program will include both in-person and virtual events. It will kick off with a Leadership Workshop taught by Mary Tellis Nayak on November 9 in Springfield and will conclude with a recognition ceremony for participants who complete all of the sessions at Ovations: A Celebration of Long Term Care Nurses at the 73rd Annual IHCA Convention & Expo, September 11-14, 2023 in Springfield.
Who Should ParticipateThis program is for Directors of Nursing, nurse managers who may be new to this role or those who would like to enhance their knowledge. It would also be beneficial for those nurses who show leadership potential and are looking to advance their careers. Sessions will help you improve your leadership skills as well as general knowledge needed to be an effective nurse manager.
2023 Session Schedule
- Leadership Workshop | November 9, 2022 | President Abraham Lincoln DoubleTree Hotel | Springfield, IL
- 25th Annual LTCNA Resources for Success (April/May 2023—more details to come)
- Webinars on various topics including:
- Survey Success! Avoiding Top Citations – Overview of Survey Process and Current Survey Trends
- Survey Success! Avoiding Top Citations – #1 Top Citation: F880 Infection Control & F884 NHSN Reporting
- Survey Success! Avoiding Top Citations – Post Survey Activities: Developing Effective Plan of Correction & IDR
- Long Term Care Public Policy – What Nurse Leaders Need to Know
- At least two additional webinars!
Registration FeesRegistration fees will be $625 IHCA/LTCNA members/$775 non-members and will include:
- 2023 Resources for Success registration
- Registration for included webinars
- CEs for all sessions for licensed nurses (up to 18 CEs)
- Books - Return of Compassion to Health Care
Own It!: Building an Accountability-Rich Culture Together
- Various tools and resources
- Framed Certificate of Successful Completion
How to RegisterFill out the program application and return to:
Long Term Care Nurses Association
Attn: Ashley Caldwell
1029 S. Fourth St.
Springfield, IL 62703