Long Term Care Nurses Association ScholarshipsThe Long Term Care Nurses Association (LTCNA), an affiliate of the Illinois Health Care Association (IHCA), offers up to two $1,000 scholarships annually to individuals who wish to further their education in nursing. It may be a nursing assistant or LPN with a desire to advance to RN, or RN who wishes to pursue additional studies. The 2016-2017 scholarship recipients have already been chosen. Please check back later this year for the 2017-2018 scholarship information.
John W. Maitland, Jr. — Joseph F. Warner Long Term Care Nurses Scholarship FundEach year, the John W. Maitland, Jr. – Joseph F. Warner Long Term Care Nurses Scholarship Fund awards scholarships to individuals seeking to pursue nursing degrees and employment in long term care in Illinois. The fund was created to honor Senator John W. Maitland, Jr., and Joseph F. Warner, two champions of long term care in Illinois. Senator Maitland is considered to have done more to advance the needs of the long term care profession and residents in the General Assembly than any other elected official in Illinois. Warner is credited with spending countless hours educating legislators and elected officials about long term care issues. A former IHCA board president, he truly valued the power of education.
The Maitland-Warner Long Term Care Nurses Scholarship fund will award scholarships of up to $1,000 for the 2017-2018 school year. To qualify, an applicant:
- Must have completed the prerequisites for and be accepted into an RN or LPN program on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Must be working in an assisted living or long term care facility (either full-time or part-time).
- Must provide proof of satisfactory completion of the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Should be willing to work as an RN or LPN in an IHCA-member facility/program.
When submitting your scholarship application, please be aware that there are several additional documents/materials that must be included in order for your application to be considered. The following items are required to be submitted with your application:
- A copy of the letter of acceptance from the nursing school.
- Proof of completion of prerequisites for the LPN, RN or APN program (as applicable).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, one by the facility/program Administrator and one by the Director of Nursing.
- LPN, RN and APN Scholarship Evaluation Form completed by the Director of Nursing or Administrator. (Click here to download the Evaluation Form.)
Ready to Apply?
Applications were due June 9, 2017. Please check back later in the year for information on applications for the 2018-2019 scholarships.
John W. Maitland, Jr. - Joseph F. Warner Long Term Care Nurses Scholarship Fund
1029 South Fourth Street
Springfield, IL 62703
Fax to: 217-528-0452