IHCA Excellence Awards
Annual IHCA Excellence Awards Program
Long Term Care Center Award
The IHCA Excellence Award for Long Term Care Centers is based entirely on the care provided in our long term care centers every day. In addition to key data about the center, questions focus on qualifiable information about the care provided—census trends, antipsychotic usage, rehospitalization stats and more. *Please note: while the nomination form is lengthy, answers may be brief.
Click here to submit your nomination online. Click here to access the PDF forms.
Nomination Forms must be submitted by Friday, July 26 to be considered!
This year's winner will be announced during Opening General Session during the 69th Annual IHCA Convention & Expo in Springfield. Winners receive a framed award and a banner to hang in their facility. Additionally, a press release will be sent out announcing the award recipient(s) and winners will be featured on the IHCA website, in association publications and on our social media pages.
If you have any questions, please contact Ashley Caldwell, firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-252-8988.
Staff & Specialty AwardsRecognizing your staff members and volunteers who have proven to be an invaluable resource to your center’s team is an excellent way to show your appreciation. The IHCA Excellence Awards - Staff & Specialty gives members the chance to do that. Additionally, you can submit nominations for your center’s innovative programs, communications and community outreach projects.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2019 IHCA Excellence Awards - Staff & Specialty! Click here to view a list of all of our fantastic nominees for 2019.
2019 Award Winners
- Environmental Services Professional of the Year | Buster Rosa | Lakeland Rehabilitation & Health Care Center
- Housekeeping Professional of the Year | John York | Sharon Healthcare Elms
- Food Service Professional of the Year | Wendy Johnson | Sharon Healthcare Pines
- Business Office Professional of the Year | Denise Blackledge | St. Vincent's Home
- Activity Professional of the Year | Crystal Risner | Lakeland Rehabilitation & Health Care Center
- Social Service Professional of the Year | Martha Handley | St. Vincent's Home
- Administrator's Choice Award | Dr. Timothy Horner | Hawthorne Inn of Danville
- Administrator of the Year | Shilpi Chona | The Grove of Evanston
- Volunteer of the Year | Patricia Cash | Hawthorne Inn of Danville
- Communications Award | Lakeland Through the Decades Video | Lakeland Rehabilitation & Health Care Center
- Photograph of the Year | Companionship Photo | Lakeland Rehabilitation & Health Care Center
- Media Event of the Year | Veteran's Day Luncheon | Manor Court of Princeton
- Community Partnership of the Year | Alpine Fireside & the Rockford Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association | Alpine Fireside Health Center
- Innovative Program of the Year | Forget-Me-Not Café | Willowbrook Memory Support Residences