Stay informed on the latest COVID-19 information. Click HERE!
- Since the first coronavirus case was confirmed in the United States on Jan. 21, more than 1 million people in the U.S. have confirmed cases of COVID-19. Track the number of COVID-19 cases by each state here.
- Join IHCA Wednesdays @ Noon for Facebook LIVE! The weekly FB LIVE sessions allow us to communicate the various aspects of COVID-19, such as state and federal guidelines, staffing concerns, wages, reimbursements, PPE, testing, surveys and more.
- The Department of Public Health notified IHCA that the Temporary Nursing Assistant (TNA) Program was effective and members could start recruiting and training TNAs during the COVID-19 crisis. For more information on the TNA Program, click here.
- The federal government announced the distribution of almost $4.9 billion in COVID-19 relief funds directly to skilled nursing facilities, the first specific tranche of stimulus money for the industry released since the start of the pandemic.
- The term “healthcare hero” is now widely used in describing hospital and other frontline workers taking care of Covid-19 patients, and rightfully so. People risking their lives to serve others is something special.
- A design and renovation firm known for its work in skilled nursing and assisted living is rolling out PlexiPods, a solution for limited visitation during the COVID-19 pandemic.